Thursday, June 19, 2008

I've been tagged by my good pal Jana. Check out her blog:

http://www.janasthinkingplace.blogspot.com

Here are the rules:
*Link the person who tagged you.
*Mention the rules in your blog.
*Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
*Tag a new set of six following bloggers by linking them.

Ok. Here goes!

QUIRK ONE:



Everyone knows I'm pretty OCD. I see the world in germs. LOL! I never touch public door knobs-handles-you name it. I use my sleeve or arm and if I *have* to use my hand, I will wash it immediately.

QUIRK TWO:



I'm addicted to kitchen gadgets. I love Williams Sonoma and indulge when I can. I refuse to divulge my biggest expense there. YIKES! I am obsessed!

QUIRK THREE:



I cannot go to bed at night until the toys are neatly put away and the kitchen is immaculate. I don't care how tired I am, I just can't sleep until its done. There is something about waking up to a semi clean home.

QUIRK FOUR:



I'm obsessed with the French language. I will watch Baby Einstein in French to freshen up (LOL!) and own a huge library of French films. I bacame quite obsessed with the language and took night classes for 4 semesters. Jon's family lives in deep Louisiana where the news is still done in French. His grandparents speak it all the time. We've been to France several times and I just love it!

QUIRK FIVE:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Changing tables scare me. I wonder if there is a phobia with this name. Ever since Little Jon's bout with Rotavirus, I avoid them like the plague. I will walk all the way back to my car or throw out a blanet on the floor to change a dipe. My OCD is so bad I blame myself for him getting sick. :o( I carry my handy dandy purse sized Lysol into bathrooms now that he is potty trained. I'm telling you in the word's of Mr. Monk, 'It's a blessing and a curse'.

QUIRK SIX:



I can't drink tap water (without tons of lemons in a pinch). I've always bought distilled. My mother had kidney problems and so she had to drink distilled and so I always have too. I can't even put ice in it because it would contaminate the water. LOL!

That was hard! And you all probably think I'm weird now. LOL! This was for you Jana!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta tag somebody :) I don't think you're weird. We all obviously have our quirks! Love ya!

Kelly said...

I had no idea Linda...too funny! Something about having a child and not wanting them to get sick has made me much more paranoid of germs as well.

Anonymous said...

I already knew you were weird...and I love you anyway! :-)

SheridanLeftwich said...

I am so glad you stopped to comment. I can't believe I am just now finding your blog. Your family is precious. Nicole has been keeping me posted on your happenings. I look forward to reading more about your sweet family. Have a blessed day! Sheridan

ntaylor said...

Hey! I am so happy to read your blog and see what you have been up to. I miss you! We need to get together soon and let our kids play while we catch up!