Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Friendship...

I decided to make a blogspot! I realize a lot of my friends have one and I can't leave comments unless I myself have one. I do myspace but realize not everyone one is a myspacer...so here I am. Adding yet another thing to do on my list. ;o)



Ok, so on to my very first blog. And since I just had an AMAZING weekend with some very dear friends, I decided what better topic than friendship...I've always found it hard to make friends. I grew up with very little and was horribly bullied as a child. So making friends has never been easy for me. So when I make a close friend, they mean the world to me. I'm not talking about the kind of 'friend' you just talk to when you see them, I talking about the kind of friend that you feel comfortable talking to every single day and who have a geniune interest in you and you in them. The ones who would never judge you and would drop everything to be there for you if you truly needed them. The kind of friend you look forward to sharing your life with and when the smallest thing happens, you can't wait to tell them...I've been very richly blessed in my life to have some of the best friends.



The majority of my closest friends don't live by me...I have Terri, Angel, Amy and my BFF Kristen and some dear friends from Church...but the majority of my closest Mommy friends live spread out across the globe. Once a year we try to get together and this year it was phenomenal! We talk daily through a private message board we created...we laugh, we cry, we celebrate with each other, we do it all through this thing called the internet. What did we do with out it? It is so hard to get on the phone with babies crying or screaming gleefully...the beauty of the internet is you can post your thoughts and even if you're interupted with 'MOMMA! MOMMA! I need you!' you can always come back later and finish. ;o)

So without further ado, here are some pictures of this wonderful weekend I had...it was quite a whirlwind and almost a blur...but thankfully the pictures show it really happened. LOL!

The fun began...

Photobucket

Craziness all weekend!

Photobucket

The most still they were for about two seconds. LOL!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were in official food coma's all weekend, but decided chocolate can cure the world. LOL!

Photobucket

Photobucket

More of our babies!

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of Nan's twins Summit with Alicia.

Photobucket

Her other sweet girl Sage.

Photobucket

Ridge and lil Jon.

Photobucket

We braved a restaurant!

Photobucket

The girls before parting ways back to Arizona, Kansas, Illinois and Georgia. Minus Alicia who had to leave early. :o(

Photobucket

Crazy ode to Hannah face. LOL!

Photobucket

It was so much fun and I look forward to next year...Mommy only cruise for our fifth annual get together. I hope more of our group can come...

I love all of my friends and hopefully this can be another way to keep up with you all...Friends are so special to me...thank you for being a part of my life...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog! And love you! Thanks for being my friend!!!

Wade said...

Hey!

Welcome to the blogosphere! Kelly was just telling me how much she has missed being around you guys! Now we got you 24/7!

W

Kelly said...

Yay...you're a blogger! :) Can't wait to keep up with your sweet family even more now.

Sounds like a fun weekend with some fun friends.

Anonymous said...

ok...so i cant share the whole "i have a little kid thing" with you...but you also left out a VERY VERY IMPORTANT FRIEND THING TO DO...

EAT SUSHI!!! :)

love you

Monica said...

Hello there!

It's me, Munka (aka Monica), the friend of a friend. ^_^

I look forward to reading more of your blog entries...and to gain some more wisdom about motherhood from an expert such as yourself.

Robyn said...

She blogs!! Now I just have to get you onto Facebook too :) Your photos are awesome.....I'm jealous of you all managing to get together!