Thursday, October 23, 2008

October is almost over...

I can't believe October is a week away from being over...BUT we are soaking it all in! We've been so busy and this next week will be even busier. So not to get behind in pictures, I'm taking the few minutes I have now during nap time to post. :o)

**If you are seeing this tonight, the pictures are distorted because they didn't downsize automatically. They should be better by tomorrow. Sorry!**

Here is one with the house...I need to get one of it lit up and with our big blow up. Cadi loves these ears and her boots! (Thanks Kelli!)



Pumpkin patch trip #4...I think...(Please excuse the lollipops)

Here they are on the Pumpkin Express! (Jessica, notice Cadi's Jack Skellington clips? ;o)



Playing with Daddy...





I do believe Jon and Cadi are cheating in the hay maze....



Silly girl!



Patch visit 5ish....

Little Jon's favorite part.



Cadi is not so happy...



And little Jon did NOT want to sit in the picture, but he kept pulling a John McCain. LOL!



The best smile I could get.



My sweet babies on the hayride. Little Jon's second favorite part.



On to our themed meals!

These are pancakes!



And I had nice black and orange sprinkles for these pancakes, but I guess the kids think this is all about *them* or something because little Jon insisted on the powdered sugar. *sigh* ;o)





And this is suppose to be scary...worms with blood and eyeballs, but I decided to make it a bit more kid friendly. Like my son needs any reason NOT to eat. Ha!



And last but NOT least...Mother of the Year award goes to me. My son for the first time ever decided he wanted to collect the Halloween toys from Sonic. It started one night I was away on a Ladies Retreat with church and come home to find my son NEEDS all ELEVEN of them. So me, being the Halloween freak I am, decide...ok, we'll see how many we can get during that time. So today...we only needed TWO more, Monster tot and Count Tot-tula. Of course they don't have those two at the Sonic I stopped at for lunch...so we go on to the next Sonic...NOPE...panic sets in as my sweet son's passion for collecting all 11 are starting to fade. Tired I decide to find one last Sonic...I get down with the two I had and explained my dilemna...they weren't certain...they come back with both of them!!! I was so relieved! But lesson learned, I will never again let my son see the 'Collect all 100 while supplies last' insert ever again.



Stay tuned! Next week holds TWO fall festivals, one last trip to the patch, Boo at the Zoo, a Halloween party and of course...Halloween night. I hope you all have a safe and Happy Halloween!!!

9 comments:

Jen Graham said...

When did our babies turn into real little people?

Great pictures. Your home is beautiful!

txmommy34 said...

You crack me up! Do you go this all-out at Christmas, too?

Robyn said...

Your kids are so gorgeous! Its funny how huge Halloween is there when it barely gets a mention here and there definitely are no pumpkin patches!

SheridanLeftwich said...

Your kids look precious! Sounds like your fall is as packed as ours is. I love it! I would go around to all the sonics and get the toys for my kids, too. When I was little my sister would take us to all the McDonalds to get us game pieces for monopoly. We always knew we were going to win but for some reason never did.

Kelly said...

So fun! I'm WAY impressed with all of the themed food.

Linda said...

Thanks everyone! LaRae, I decorate, but we aren't as crazy with activities I guess...this is just my time of the year. I love it!

Robyn!!! That made me gasp outloud! No big halloween!?!?!? ;o)

Sheridan, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :o)

Hannah said...

Linda, I love your babies! I'm so glad to see some pics...though hopefully I'll get to see them in person in a few weeks!

Love your themed food, too. That rat was really nasty. LOL!

LJ and C and lucky to have you as their mommy. :)

ntaylor said...

Your kids are too cute! I love all your fall/Halloween activities! Hayden really got into the pumpkin patch this year, I can't wait to go back!

rachel said...

Thanks linda for all your comments! Cadi is so adorable and getting so big!!! LOve all the fun stuff you do for them!!